The following is a brief overview of our support offering. The full support policy with terms and conditions is made available to existing support holders or with any IndySoft issued quote that contains product or support line items.
IndySoft offers initial installation assistance to new customers for the period of 30 days from delivery notification of products. Installation coverage includes clarification on installation instructions and troubleshooting issues arising during installation but does not cover IndySoft physically performing installation of the products in your environment. It is assumed your IT department or another qualified individual will be performing the installation following our installation documentation.
Registration of Products
Registration of your software is in no way bound to a service/support agreement and as such, should always be available for your purchased products as long as the product and registration process is compatible with the intended operating system(s).
Phone and Email Support
Cases are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis and categorized in a manner which ensures issues without workarounds are addressed with the utmost urgency. Usability questions which are answered in training or practical application of the documentation are not part of the support plan package. Creation of lifecycle models, creation of print templates, and other matters where the customer asks IndySoft to configure customer-specific requirements in the software deployment are considered billable service work and are not part of the support plan. Documentation issues, where specifically related to exposed features in the software, are treated the same as an application issue with the software through the support channels.
Upgrade and Update Protection
The IndySoft support plan covers both updates and major upgrades. This means that as long as you are under support, you always have access to the latest versions of your purchased products. Information about the latest versions can be found on this site or by logging into the customer portal at my.indysoft.com. Even if a customer with support has no issues resolved by a current release, they may download the latest versions for installation or, alternatively, view the release notes in order to evaluate their needs for the newer versions of their purchased products.
Customer Portal Access
The IndySoft.com portal provides customers with an easy way to access the latest releases of their IndySoft products along with details about the release. Other features include the ability to review historic support tickets, view contact records for your organization, and read knowledge base articles related to your purchased products. Some features of this service may not be available to non-support holders or may be limited due to ongoing data retention policies.
Per-incident support for customers without a support policy is available and billed in quarter hour increments with a minimum of one hour. If the call does not relate to a programming fault in the application, the fee is processed.
If the call results in discovery of an application fault, there are a few paths to resolution:
- If there is a workaround provided for the issue that does not involve upgrading/updating to a later version of the software, the fee is processed.
- If there is no workaround but the issue is corrected in a later version and the customer does not wish to renew their support contract, the charge is not processed.
- If in either condition the customer opts to renew their support contract, then the only charges are to renew the support contract and no fee is processed
In short a customer will only pay for per-incident support if we can correct the issue at hand in the currently installed version of the application. If a newer version corrects the issue, the charge is negated or credited towards a contract purchase if you opt for a support contract to obtain the newer release.
Please contact us for the current hourly rate on Per-incident calls. Per-incident support requires completion of a credit card authorization form from sales before support can begin. Customers may request a cap on hours for per-incident support before approval is made for additional hours.
Phone support is available to customers with (a) registration requests regardless of contract status, (b) a valid support contract or (c) installation assistance within the first thirty days of product ownership for new customers without a support contract. To ensure customer privacy, calls from end-customer vendors will only be accepted after verification of the vendor by IndySoft with the end-customer.
The Customer Services Assistant should accept your call, verify your contact information, then route your call accordingly. If the CSA is unavailable the automated system will kick in at which time you simply select option 2 to connect to support.
If you do not have a support contract and do not fall under the support exceptions previously noted, you will either be guided towards per-incident support or to sales to discuss your support options.
If all support technicians are with other customers, you may be asked to hold or to leave a voicemail. Calls are returned by issue priority and order received so please leave a voicemail with details when possible to ensure a prompt response. Repeat call attempts will not escalate your call ahead of the queue. If your situation is critical and effecting production lines please communicate this with the CSA in the initial call.
Email support is available to customers with (a) registration requests regardless of contract status, (b) a valid support contract or (c) installation assistance within the first thirty days of product ownership for new customers without a support contract.
Please submit your support request to email@example.com only and include details about the issue along with your contact information.
The support system will reply to your initial email within 5-10 minutes (times may be delayed by your ISP/Network) with a case number to track your support query. If you need to add additional information to the case after initial submission, please wait to reply to that email otherwise you will create another ticket which may not go to the same individual.
Depending on the details in the case, a technician will either reply by email or call you directly to discuss your issue. The timing of our response is based on business hours of customer location, current case load, issue priority, and order received.
If at any time you experience a delay of over two business days after sending an email to support there is a chance your email was flagged as spam on our side, or our reply was flagged as spam on your side. Please check your spam folder first then call us to discuss any emails to investigate.
In order to access the customer portal we must have your name, email, and phone number on record and enabled your account to log into my.indysoft.com. If we need to provide you with access please contact the CSA (Customer Services Assistant) by calling the main line at (864) 627-8858 or send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customers without support meeting the above criteria may log into the portal but will have limited functionality.
Log into my.indysoft.com using your email address and unique IndySoft customer number. If you are a valid contact in our systems and cannot recall your customer number, use the service option on the page to send yourself an email reminder.
Once logged in, use the tabs across the center of the page to review support tickets, purchased products, the latest release notes, knowledge base articles, and more.
Should you have any issues with the portal, or records for your account appear to be incorrect, simply contact support for assistance.
The following list consists of unsupported operating systems and/or database platforms along with discontinued products and what avenues exist for support or replacement of each product. Please contact sales for a quote to upgrade your existing system to the recommended replacement product. As with any upgrade of an IndySoft product, existing data will be carried over to the latest version.
With the release of version 10 the version 9 series of products have officially entered the sunset phase. Registration, installation and general support requests will continue as long as the operating system meets or exceeds our requirements and allows the product to function properly. No new features will be added to a future version 9.x release. No minor issues with workarounds will be corrected in a 9.x release. Any volatile issues that effect production environments will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the IndySoft Quality Team for inclusion in an emergency maintenance release at a billable rate.
Operating Systems No Longer Supported
- Windows 3.1
- Windows NT/4.0
- Windows 2000/Millennium
- Windows 95, 98
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2003 R2 and below
- Windows Mobile/Compact Edition
- ColdFusion (all versions)
- Microsoft Compact Edition, Mobile, Silverlight
Database Platforms and Versions No Longer Supported
- MSSQL Server 7 or Previous
- Oracle 8 or Previous
- Sybase, Interbase (replaced by Firebird)
- Calibration Management, Tooling Management, (and soon PM) - Functionality for each product is now bundled in one client at a single price. This essentially means that you have all the functionality to run any of the editions, however your initial installation will currently only create one of the base process models depending on your requirements.
- Automated Uncertainty - This product is now bundled with all calibration-capable core products at no additional cost.
- HTTP Application Server - This product is now bundled allowing any customer needing field sync capability for single users or distribution of three-tier clients.
- VisualCal Player/Runtime - This product is now bundled with all calibration-capable core products at no additional cost.
- Kitting Module - No longer an individual product. This product was rolled into version 9 upgrades of calibration products and is no longer sold as an individual product. Support is part of the core Calibration and Commercial Lab Management products, but not Tool Management or the upcoming PM edition.
- Temp/RH Module - This product was rolled into the version 9 of calibration and commercial lab upgrades but not Tool Management. The module is no longer supported as an individual product but is supported as part of the core calibration line.
- IndySoft Pool Sync Utility - Sept 1, 2017 - Production is terminated.
- Universal Client - Sept 1, 2017 - Production is terminated with no additional licenses offered. Support for Universal expires Nov 1, 2017. Customers will be provided upgrade options upon release of version 11.
- Import Export for Engage Platforms - Dec 31, 2014 - Official removal of support from the product lineup. Import Export functionality between IndySoft and Engage is no longer be covered under the support policy though it will still be present. No additional fixes will be made in the product related to that functionality.
- Dataview Browser for ColdFusion - Dec 31, 2014 Official retirement and closure of maintenance release window. Customers can switch to the ASP platform to obtain the latest release. Any extensions to the ColdFusion version may require involvement from our sales and services group.
- Gage InSite 8.7.7 - Dec 31, 2013 Official retirement and closure of maintenance release window
- Tool InSite 8.7.7 - Dec 31, 2013 Official retirement and closure of maintenance release window
- Gage InSite CLE 8.7.7 - Dec 31, 2013 Official retirement and closure of maintenance release window
- InSite Studio 8.7.7 - Dec 31, 2013 Official retirement and closure of maintenance release window
- Gage InSite 5.0/5.1 - No longer in development. Registration is still supported, no additional bug fixes, no renewal of support contracts. It is recommended that customers upgrade to the latest version of our calibration management software as this product is not compatible with operating systems above Windows 7 with 32/64 bit machines.
- Powerway Gage Management (IndySoft product sold under Powerway brand) - No longer in development. Registration not supported by IndySoft Corporation. It is recommended that customers upgrade to the latest version of our calibration management software as this product is not compatible with operating systems above Windows 7 with 32/64 bit machines. Upgrades are offered through Waypoint for those wishing to retain interaction with the newest Waypoint system, while IndySoft provides upgrades direct to the standalone Calibration Management Package (including all modules as part of the upgrade) if the older bridge/link is no longer required.
- Gage InSite Desktop Express - No longer in development. Registration is still supported, no additional bug fixes, no renewal of support contracts. It is recommended that customers upgrade to the latest version of our calibration management software as this product is not compatible with operating systems above Windows 7 with 32/64 bit machines.
- Gage InSite Professional - No longer in development. Registration is still supported, no additional bug fixes, no renewal of support contracts. It is recommended that customers upgrade to the latest version of our calibration management software as this product is not compatible with operating systems above Windows 7 with 32/64 bit machines.
- Gage InSite Dataview Standard Edition - No longer in development. Registration is still supported, no additional bug fixes, no longer included in calculation of existing support contracts. Depending on how the product is used, customers may upgrade this product to the Browser Certificate Access, Calibration Management, or Commercial Lab Management products. Contact sales for details.
- GI Web, Dataview Browser Edition 9.0 and previous - No longer supported. Customers are expected to upgrade to the latest browser edition of these products. Legacy reports are still accessible in the latest version.
- CalRover - This product has been discontinued and is no longer supported. Support renewals no longer contain a charge for the product. No replacement product is offered at this time.
- iRover - This product has been discontinued and is no longer supported. Support renewals no longer contain a charge for the product. No replacement product is offered at this time.